Aviso/Warning

Se algum link estiver inacessível envie-nos um email ou deixe-nos um comentário/ If by any chance there is a broken link send us an email or leave us a comment.

The Rapiers (1959-1963 - The Best British Invasion Band Since The 60's!)

quarta-feira, 23 de março de 2011


AQUI:

The Rapiers - The Best British Invasion Band Since The 60's! (1959-1963)
Genre: Modern Merseybeat / British Invasion

Formed in the early eighties in the north of London, The Rapiers gained much influence and credibility for a sound that resemble a classic Merseybeat rock and roll sound like Cliff Richard and his backing group The Shadows. Known for being a great live act, magazines such as The Face and New Musical Express reported on the group.

"The current line-up of The Rapiers is Colin Pryce-Jones, lead guitarist, vocalist and founder member of the group, Dave Lawes, rhythm guitarist and vocalist who has been with Colin from the outset, Bradley Dallaston, bass guitarist and John Tuck, drummer. As for their music, As Colin says, "Over the years we've tried to put together an act which is based on memories of the Fentones, the Shadows and early sixties bands like the Gladiators and Johnny Kidd and the Pirates, rather than stylising purely on the Shadows. The band really relates to a period between '59 and '63." The Rapiers also specialize in other respects. They perform numbers which have long since lapsed into obscurity. They don't merely concentrate on big hits. There were many fine recordings issued during 1959-1963 which were either minor hits or chart failures. In this respect, The Rapiers are unearthing a veritable treasure trove of long lost classics and re-presenting them to a new audience."

Tracklist:

01. Doing the Hully Gully (2:01)
02. A Shot of Rhythm And Blues (2:47)
03. A Certain Girl (2:06)
04. Jack’s Good (2:27)
05. Move It Baby (2:35)
06. Lies (2:11)
07. I Pretend I’m With You (2:04)
08. Growl (2:26)
09. So What (2:40)
10. Still I Cry (2:49)
11. That’s Alright (2:02)
12. Don’t Leave Me Now (2:39)
13. I’m A Moody Guy (2:48)
14. Feelin’ (2:48)
15. It’s Gonna Take Magic (1:52)
16. Make It Up (2:11)
17. (I Feel Like) I'm Losing You (2:49)
18. Shadowland (3:27)
19. The Closing Theme (3:01)

Total Playing Time: 55:42

Fonte: Rapid.org


Álbum gentilmente cedido por Pedro Alexandrino / F.F.

0 comentários: